For more information contact:
Mike Larsen, Owner
Byte Size Computer Repair
Hemet, CA 92544-2051
Byte Size Computer Repair
Here at Byte Size Computer Repair we offer a full range of services for your convenience! We offer:
1. Virus/Adware/Spyware/Trojan program removal. There are well over one MILLION viruses floating around on the Internet and there really is no such thing as 100% protection aside from never connecting your computer to the Internet and never allowing anyone to use it and/or plug their own devices into it. And truth be told, modern anti-virus programs are NOT catch-all programs, nor are they meant to be. I often liken computers to children...when children are young, they get numerous vaccinations to protect them against myriad illnesses caused by viruses and bacteria. An anti-virus program is just one vaccination, if you will, amongst many that can help protect your computer from invaders. There are many programs designed to catch other types of programs and malicious items that can infect your system. Many of them are free and I will provide a list of them for you.
2. Software and Hardware updates. If you are uncertain about how to upgrade a program or how to install a new part inside your computer, look no further. Give me a call and I'll help you update your software or install your new hardware. If you want to put in an additional hard drive or set up an external drive or add more memory, I can take care of those things for you.
3. Tune-ups and cleaning. These two items are really kind of one and the same but when I say "cleaning", I also mean cleaning the inside to remove dust and things that can accumulate. Dust is a big enemy of computers because it gets trapped in heat-dissipating fins on the CPU and GPU and can cause overheating and premature failure of your system. I do a systematic tune-up and cleaning on all systems that I work on as a part of my regimen to insure that your system is working at it's best and that it's running cooler than it would if it remained plugged with dust and such. A "tune-up" usually involves cleaning out all of the unnecessary temporary files and unneeded log files that Windows generates. They mostly just take up space and over time can really take up a LOT of space. I've had some systems that had 5 to 6 GIGA-bytes of junk files, temporary files, and assorted other items that are completely unnecessary. I make it a point to get rid of those types of files.
4. Repairs. I do just about any kind of repair that you need. I am always straight forward and honest with you and will tell you if what you need fixed would outweight the cost of a new system and I also discuss options with you so you don't have to feel trapped.
5. Data Recovery. Have you ever been working on your computer and suddenly you can't even boot up anymore? Did you think that because your system crashed that you lost all of your data? In most cases, your data is just fine. The problem is that you just can't get to it. In most cases, I am able to access your data through the use of special software and can recover your data and put it on a DVD for you. In fact, it is sometimes possible to repair the bad file that is preventing your computer from booting properly. If that's you, don't fret. Give me a call and let me take a look at it for you and see if it's possible to recover all of those family photos and important files that you thought were gone forever!